Friday, February 22, 2013

Solving Two-Step Equations

Hi all,
     What an interesting week it has been.  For the first time ever in my teaching career, we went to school during February break.  My school district due to Hurricane Sandy added three days back and my kids school added 4 back.  I thought there were going to be a lot of students absent, but I was wrong.  Most of the students were in school and we worked on solving two-step equations.  I love solving two-step equations and so did my students.  We used the scale model to show our work and of course checked our answers.  I always find the students have a harder time completing the check than solving the equation (?).  Last night I made some really cute worksheets for solving two-step equations.  I thought I would share.  Please download my freebie by clicking on the link.







 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower!

    Irene

    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating in my giveaway! Your new blog looks great. I spent 18 years teaching math at the middle school level before switching to 5th grade. Your two-step equations brought back memories!!

    Julie
    My Journey to 5th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the awnser sheet

    ReplyDelete